August 1, 2014
NextSpace Coworking + Innovation, Inc. is an amazing company to work for. It’s fun, vibrant, has room for advancement, and we train and develop the sh*t out of you. We need some help managing our coworking community of freelancers, independent consultants, start-ups, and small businesses. So we’re hiring a full time Community Builder in our Union Square location and we’d be honored if you would consider applying.
The NextSpace Community Builder (Ns Ceebee) is part of the NextSpace leadership team and reports directly to the Community Curator. Think of it as the Robin to the Curator’s Batman. S/he coordinates the daily activities required to keep our members happy and productive, and the space running smoothly.
Duties, Responsibilities, and other Stuff You Do at This Job:
Every NextSpace employee helps to foster, facilitate, and manage the NextSpace community. We do this so that our members can create products, services, and solutions for the global marketplace. We work for our members. Everything you do as the NsCB should be done with this idea in mind.
The NS CeeBee handles all the tasks required to sign up new NextSpace members: giving tours to prospective members, assisting new members with filling out membership applications, adding new members to our database, adding new members to our social and professional networks, and ensuring new members understand how to use and enjoy all the amenities at NextSpace.
The Ns CeeBee acts as the administrative arm of the dynamic NextSpace leadership duo. Tasks include date entry, calendaring, ordering supplies, interfacing with vendors and setting up and cleaning up for our various events. Occasional evenings and weekends are required with this job, but they really are occasional.
You are also in charge of assisting the Community Curator with helping the ship run smoothly. This includes helping with marketing and sales, billing and financials, and any other big picture projects your Curator thinks you are up for the challenge of.
Hey, every job has some not-so-sexy responsibilities. So there’s always organizing to be done, coffee to be made, messes to be cleaned up, phones to be answered, and 1,001 little details to be attended to. The Ns CeeBee, along with the entire NextSpace leadership team, will dive into this stuff with gusto and good humor.
- You gotta like people. That’s a big one. Huge, even.
- You’ll do really well at this job if you’re self-motivated, detail-oriented, and like to work as part of a team.
- You’ve had at least two years in an administrative management position (reception, front office manager) or data administration (database management) position.
- You’ve got lots of hospitality experience under your belt (Yes! Experience in bar tending, barista work and waiting tables is a requirement).
- You are a whiz with technology, even if you aren’t aware of that yet. This job is about people, and our people are technologists so you are too! We are a Mac shop, so it’s best if you know how to use OS X, though not required. Some of our members have PCs so if you can trouble shoot a few IT issues on a Windows device that’s a plus. We do expect though that you can write properly and professionally with a dose of sarcasm, browse the interwebs and do online research using The Google.
- You are very comfortable and interested in social media tools. This includes Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr and WordPress.
- You like events, can help plan them and don’t mind attending or throwing a few in the evenings each month.
- You are a creative troubleshooter who enjoys solving problems and readily find solutions to whatever traffic jams come your way.
- Multi-tasking is the name of the coworking game, so you should be able to juggle the phone, your regular tasks and the constant little things that come up by the minute with grace, thoroughness and good humor.
- You understand innately that two heads are better than one and that getting the job done goes more easily when you collaborate with others.
- You’re a great communicator. Our members are talkative and they wanna talk to you. This is the fun part of the job. Sometimes you gotta talk around a sticky situation and you need to do so with confidence and transparency. This is the challenging part of the job.
- You’re a social butterfly, not afraid to make first impressions and enjoy being the matchmaker in your circles.
- You’re a non-stop doing machine, you constantly find things to improve and get sh*t done.
- We think we’re pretty interesting people (the CEO can juggle flaming torches). And we like to work with other interesting people. So we’ll want to know what you do in life besides work.
- A sizeable personality that adds to the mix is a plus. Confidence is sexy.
This is a full time entry level job. Compensation starts at $37,500 annually. We offer full health benefits, an employee stock option package and have some great perks! You’ve got an exciting future here! Interested? Please send us a resume, a short statement about why you think you can totally rock this job, and a couple of fun facts about you. You can reach us at work @ nextspace (dot) us. And be sure to take a spin through www.NextSpace.us as well. Have fun!
The application deadline for this position is Wednesday, 8/13/2014 at 5pm PST.
NextSpace is an equal opportunity employer.