We are NextKids and we believe that we’re better together. We’re all about what’s next with family care. We’re extending NextSpace’s great collaborative workspace model to launch an innovative offering that gives parents a collaborative space to get their work done and meet other cool people, all while their children (6months – 3yrs) engage in play-based activities that help them thrive. We celebrate a young family’s development by paying special attention to the attachment between child, parent, and staff and promoting healthy exploration with a consistent, stable base to return to. We encourage parents to utilize our staff as resourceful, mindful, and active participants in their child’s life. We believe all children deserve thoughtful, respectful care and see this solution as a way to bring multiple parts of life into balance.
We are pretty jazzed about what this idea can mean for families, society, and the world – and we’re seeking excellent infant and toddler caregivers to launch this concept in San Francisco. We are hiring for full-time as well as part-time caregivers.
Every NextSpace employee helps to foster the NextSpace community so our members can work and be at their creative, innovative, and productive best. Visit www.NextSpace.us to learn about what our parents will be up to. As a NextKids team member, you are pioneering the r(e)volution of how we work & live. Your work supports the entire NextSpacer family.
- You have a passion for children and their development
- Your education and life experiences complement your passion – you have a B.A. or Master’s in psychology, education, or child development and 4+ years experience caring for infants or toddlers. If you don’t meet these criteria, share with us a relevant and compelling reason from your experience about why you’re the perfect caregiver
- You have great communication and interpersonal skills, as your job supports both child and parent and you are a key point of contact with the parent as they bounce back and forth between work & play throughout the day
- You have some knowledge of attachment and the importance of play—but if you don’t, you’re open to learning these key concepts and receiving feedback on implementation
- You are a constant learner and are curious, fun, patient, innovative, mindful, dedicated, and respectful of other’s ideas, thoughts, and feelings
- You take your job seriously, but not yourself!
If you feel us + you = better, we invite you to send Diana@nextkids.us your resume, 3 references (2 professional +1 personal), and a cover letter telling us what excites you most about this concept, a key element of your caregiving philosophy, and some fun facts about you. If it feels like a match, you’ll be invited for an interview.
NextKids. We’re better together.